Do trade shows make you nervous?
Trade shows are a great opportunity to grow your professional circle, see new trends in the spa and salon industry, and get the word out about your product or skills. From IECSC to Premiere Orlando, Intrinsics has traveled throughout the country for nearly two decades bringing our products to everyone from estheticians to massage therapists. As a side effect, we’ve also become pretty efficient at navigating a trade show.
Booth set-up and take down? A breeze.
Getting stuck with a dying phone? Not us.
We’re at Cosmoprof North America in Las Vegas this week so we thought it would be an ideal time to share our seasoned tips and tricks for navigating a beauty trade show.
Before the Show:
- Make travel and hotel reservations early to maximize on discounted rates.
- Stay at a hotel closest to the convention site to save on traveling, give you a place to rest, sort through information gathered, and refocus your energy.
- Know your inventory needs before the show. More efficient purchasing will save you money by grouping your orders to take advantage of discounts and special offers, as well as keeping you within budget.
- Contact your Bank or Credit Card Company to let them know you will be purchasing at a show.
At the Show:
- Some trade shows make their own smartphone application. These apps have event schedules and floor plans, which helps plan your day and prioritize your route.
- Try to have a friend or co-worker attend the show with you.
- Take plenty of business cards to avoid filling out forms.
- Pack comfortable shoes and clothing to wear on the show floor.
- Always bring a battery backup for your cell phone.
- If you’re bringing lots of product, carts or luggage with wheels will be your best friend.
With a little planning and the right attitude, a successful trade show is easy to achieve. Not only will you head back to your business feeling focused and inspired, but you’ll likely walk out of there with some new friends too.