What do toners, serums, and moisturizers all have in common?
They are vital components to any daily skin care routine. And we love ‘em! We want to spread the love, so we are sharing some of our favorite skin care products with the world. Do you use any of the brands on this list?
Using a toner in your daily skin routine will not only soothe irritated bumps, but it also removes any excess oil, dirt, and grime after removing makeup and cleansing. Think of this as an essential step to ensure your face is getting the deepest clean possible. Toners are used to balance your skin’s pH levels because your face becomes more alkaline after cleansing, which makes it more prone to damage and inflammation.
Toners can be applied straight to the face with our Silken Wipes. These lightly-absorbent wipes are the most effective way to make sure the toner is not soaked up in a generic cotton pad before it gets the chance to make it onto your face. The goal is to conserve your expensive product, not waste it.
Indie Lee, CoQ-10 toner, $32
May Coop, Raw Sauce, $33
Here is a list of some wonderful toners:
- The alcohol-free CoQ-10 toner from Indie Lee balances pH levels using Aloe Vera and Hyaluronic Acid. This toner also includes Chamomile, Sage, and Carica Papaya Leaf Extract among its impressive list of ingredients.
- Raw Sauce from May Coop is a unique toner: it is made of 93% maple tree sap, along with fructan powder and fruit extracts. Why maple tree sap? According to May Coop, the sap serves as a base for better absorption.
In the past year, the trend of using serums in daily skincare routines has skyrocketed. Serums are lightweight moisturizers that penetrate the face and seep into your pores. Using a serum regularly (once to twice a day, depending on your skin) can make your skin firmer, smoother, and brighter. Or as we’ve heard it called, plastic surgery in a bottle.
Because serums are so light, there are a few different ways to apply them. Applying a drop to your forehead, both sides of the face (under the eye), and on the chin area ensures that you are getting full coverage. Grab a low-absorbent 2x2” Silken Wipe and gently rub the serum in a circular motion. Like toners, professional serums can be pricey, so why waste it?
Jordan Samuel Skin, Hydrate Facial Serum, $29
T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum, $90
A list of a few serums we love:
- Hydrate Facial Serum from Jordan Samuel Skin is a favorite amongst professionals and beauty bloggers everywhere. This miracle-in-a-bottle is packed with Hyaluronic acid, stabilized Vitamin C, and combined with gentle extracts like cucumber, tamarind, and passion flower.
- The T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum from Drunk Elephant is a 12% AHA/BHA night serum that helps refine skin for a smooth, radiant complexion. The Glycolic, Lactic, Tartaric, Citric, and Salicylic acids are combined with raspberry extract, horse chestnut, and white tea to create balance.
Moisturizing is one of the most pertinent ingredients of your daily skin routine. Its purpose is to lock in and secure any toners and serums applied after cleansing. Because it provides the skin with nutrients and hydration, it can be applied both in the mornings and in the evenings for maximum benefits. Most moisturizers can be applied by putting a small amount on the tips of your fingers and evenly distributing it amongst your entire face and then the neck.
The great thing about moisturizers is that they are helpful to any skin type: sensitive, itchy, dry, oily, or combination skin. However, when selecting a moisturizer, one must research its ingredients. Does it have unlisted artificial fragrances and dyes, or contain alcohol? You may want to consider changing products if so.
Eminence, Clear Skin Probiotic Moisturizer, $58
Josh Rosebrook Skin and Hair Care, $45
Here are a couple of moisturizers to look into:
- Éminence Organics has a comprehensive line of moisturizers, specializing in range of properties such as: age-defying, mattifying, calming, probiotic, and more. Éminence provides a list of ingredients and expected results with each product; as well, ensures consumers that their products are completely organic, sustainable, and cruelty free.
- Another notable moisturizer is the Vital Balm Cream from Josh Rosebrook Skin and Hair Care. Like Éminence, Josh Rosebrook lists every ingredient found in this magic cream, labeling them by certified organic, wildcrafted, and non-GMO plant sourced. Its silky texture allows for breathability, so your pores will not be clogged after using this product.
There you have it! A list of some of the most sought after toners, serums, and moisturizers on the market today. Match any of these with our Silken Wipes and you’ve got yourself a lush daily skin care routine.