Face rollers have been trending in the skincare industry for years now and are still very popular, even through 2020. But what’s all the hype about? Are face rollers worth the price? What are the benefits of regular face rolling?
While researching face rollers, we stumbled upon this awesome blog from Healthline. Here are some of the benefits of face rollers that they highlight:
- Improves blood circulation in the face. Using a face roller can stimulate blood flow to the face, which can make your skin look brighter and feel firmer.
- Helps with stuffy sinuses. Some studies suggest that using this tool may help clear the sinuses, though the research is still in the early stages.
- Decreases puffiness. Rolling may also decrease puffiness (like hard-to-handle under eye bags) by stimulating lymphatic drainage.
- Distributes skincare product. Rollers are typically used with an oil or moisturizer to help the tool glide across your skin. It’s said this process can deliver product deeper into your skin.
Start by applying a wet skin care product with a 4x4” Silken Wipe, ideally a serum, oil or light moisturizer. Wet product is a must!
- Start at the neck and roll up and down on each side.
- Using gentle pressure, roll along the jawline up to your ear on both sides of the face.
- Roll upwards from the forehead to the temples.
- Roll side to side over the eyebrows and brow bones.
- Feel the relief!
After rolling, follow up with a thick moisturizer.
Tips and Tricks
- Jade and quartz rollers not only look beautiful but are also highly effective helping the skin absorb product easier
- Leave your roller in the fridge for an extra cooling factor, which is especially nice for allergy season and summer months
- A sister of the face roller is the gua sha, which is also worth trying!
- Be sure to clean your roller after each use for extra sanitation