Fellas, this one’s for you! Especially for those who participated in No-Shave November and are ready for a nice shave in December.
We have already discussed the importance of oils and butters in a winter hair care routine and this recipe is no different! All you will need is coconut oil, shea butter, olive oil and essential oils for ingredients and a double boiler, a hand mixer, and a storage container for tools.
Follow these directions when making your awesome DIY Shaving Cream:
- Add the coconut oil and shea butter to a double boiler and heat over medium heat.
- Once all the ingredients are melted, remove the bowl from the heat.
- Add in the olive oil.
- Once the mixture has cooled slightly, add in the essential oils.
- Place the bowl in the freezer until it’s set up a bit (not too solid, though).
- Using a hand mixer or stand up mixer whip the ingredients together.
- Store in an airtight container.
Afterwards, be sure to follow up with a cleanse moisturizer that is suitable for your skin post-shave. You can, of course, cleanse with an Intrinsics Gentle Cleansing Towel and apply moisturizer with an Intrinsics Silken Wipe. After these follow-up steps, you’ll be clean and ready to go!